LISTED BELOW ARE SOME SCIENTIFIC FACTS ABOUT BLOOD.
1. The first transfer of blood was done in 1667 between two dogs.
2. The world’s first Blood Bank was built in 1937.
3. A drop of blood contains 10,000 white blood cells and 250,000 platelets.
4. In our body, 70% of the blood is present in the hemoglobin present in the red blood cell, in the protein of 4% of the muscle mass in myoglobin, 25% is in the liver, the bone marrow, the spleen and the kidney, and the remaining 1% of the blood plasma fluid and cells are in enzymes.
5. Every 3 seconds, someone in India needs blood. Every day 40,000 units of blood are needed in the world. 1 in 3 people need blood sometime in life.
6. Blood in our nerves runs at a speed of 400 kilometers per hour and covers about 9600 km in the entire day.
7. If our heart pumps blood out of the body then it can bounce 30 meters above the body.
8. In emergency, coconut water can be replaced with blood plasma.
9. Human blood consists of only 4 types (O, A, B, AB) but about 800 in cows, 13 in dogs and 11 types of blood groups are found in cats.
10. Only the female mosquito sucks blood. The male mosquito is vegetarian; they drink only sweet liquids. Female mosquito can drink blood 3 times its weight.
11. You would think that the mosquito drinks a bit of blood but let me tell you that your total blood will be 12 lakh (1.2 million) mosquitoes. Mosquito like “O” groups to suck blood.
12. A newborn baby has only 1 cup (250ml) blood and a young man can have approximately 5 liters of blood. Meaning, 7% of the body’s total weight.
13. After the death, the part of the body which is closest to the earth also leads to blood flow, and then the blood becomes frozen. It is probably due to gravity.
14. Women who are pregnant and breastfeeding can not donate blood.
15. Our body contains up to 0.2 mg of gold and its highest amount is found in the blood. Out of the blood of 40,000 people, 8 grams of gold can be extracted.
16. People in Japan get an idea of man’s personality through blood group only.
17. The person named James Harrison has donated blood 1,000 times in the past 60 years and has saved the life of two million people.
18. In Brazil there is a tribal group, Bororou. Surprisingly, all the people of this group have the same blood group “O”.
19. Almost everyone has red blood, but there is light blue color in the spider and snail.
20. Black ink of HP printer is more expensive than blood.
21. When someone donates a blood in Swedish, “Thank You” is mailed to him and the same message is made even when his blood comes in handy.
22. It is impossible to urinate physically at the same time and to give blood.
23. Many times when we look towards the sky, the dots start to look like white and white in front of our eyes. Actually these are our white blood cells.
24. The blood cells take only 30 seconds to complete the entire circulation, it can cover 1,12,000 km in 20 seconds.
25. Crab blood is like sapphire and is the only thing on earth that is used to test the contaminated substances found in drugs.
26. If blood vessels are straightened up from end to end, it can wrap the earth twice.
27. Artificial blood has not been made so far. This is just God’s gift.
28. Red Blood Cells: It moves with oxygen and eliminates co2.
29. White Blood Cells: It protects the body from bacteria and viruses.
30. Plasma: It carries protein in the body and protects it from freezing.
31. Platelets: It helps in the coagulation of blood, due to these, it stops bleeding after some time of injury.